Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Couldn't Do It Without Sponsors

So I just wanted to take some time to thank the people that make racing and training possible for Quantum Mesa Cycles.

First is Quantum Solutions owned by co-owner of the team Mike Rickey. Quantum Solutions is a systems engineering firm in Columbia, IL. Mike and his partner started this business out of their homes with a laptop and a backpack. Now they are one of the largest firms in Columbia. Mike is a huge proponent of racing in the St Louis area and his pasion is racing and designing systems for large companies like Craft Foods.

Then we have Mesa Cycles, owned by Russ and Adrianne Murphy. These two have been racing and supporting racing in St Louis for years. They helped build Jr racing teams, supported women's teams, and now they have partnered with us at Quantum Racing. Russ and Adrianne own one of the premiere bike shops in the St Louis area. The guys and gals that work there are some of the most knowledgeable I have ever encountered at a shop. That was one of the biggest reasons that I first choose to shop there. Chris Connolly is there top sales man, you want to know anything about anything about a bike, he is your man. John Farinella, and Rick George are in the back of the shop wrenching on the bikes. These guys are like DaVinchi with bikes, wheels, and anything that rolls on two wheels.

Computer Trade, owned by Scott McClendon. Computer Trade is a computer and electronic recycling facility. They offer secure data protection, thorough inventory process, complete packing removal, and certificate of recycling. They take in computers, printers, ipods, anything you can plug in, they can recycle.

St Louis Gym Centre is where I work, and they even help me play. SLGC is one of the oldest and most successful gymnastics training gyms in the St Louis area. Our gym offers recreational boys and girls gymnastics, pre-school, field trips, parties, and competitive boys and girls gymnastics.

We are happy to have Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Jason Jenson back as sponsors once again this year. MSSB offers all the financial products you could want or need. They are also a great group of people, and from personal experience I can say are very eager to help young people like myself start to set up for the future. I have always been told that I had to put something away for the future but never know how. Now with the help from MSSB I am on my way.

Hawthorn Bank located in Clinton, MO is a new sponsor for this year. We are very excited they decided to work with us. Their commitment to the Kansas City, Jefferson City, Columbia, Springfield and Clinton, MO area and their desire to get into cycling has made it a great fit. They have been serving families and business' in Missouri for the last 100 years with a commitment to making sure your experience is pleasant and rewarding.

The Sloan Clinic is owned by Dr Bradley S Sloan and specializes in sports medicine. Located in Jefferson City, MO their practice is geared towards keeping the active student athlete and weekend warrior in the game and on the field.

We are very excited to have Specialized bicycles and Sram components as contributors as well. I am a huge fan of Specialized bikes, they are one of the few companies that spend a lot of time and even more money on research and development of their products. They have been a supporter of cycling, and grass roots cycling in the US for years. Sram, a Chi town (my home town) company with a desire to do "it" better. For years I was a pure Shimano man. Last year I crashed my bike and had to quickly get a new one for the next week's race. I had to make the decision to go to Sram so that I could have a bike in time. I have been very happy with my choice ever since. One of my favorite aspects of Sram's groupo, is the "sprinters" shifting. I can grap the shift lever and hold it while I sprint, allowing me to blast through gears and I sprint for the line.

All of these companies have many options for what to do with their money, time, and resources. And their decision to go with us is always on our minds. We are grateful for their support, and we hope that we can show that with our racing and our support of them as well. If you are looking for any of these services please take a minute to check these guys out.















No comments:

Post a Comment