Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day

This is a bullshit day if you ask me. I love my wife and I guess this is as good a day as any to buy her something nice but this is really just crap. The flower people are the worst! How the hell do you charge $50 for a dozen roses when you can get them every day of the year at Sam's Club for less than $10! This year I talked my awesome wife into not really doing anything at all for Valentine's day. We are going to go have a nice dinner but no cards, no presents, just us hanging out, with me thinking about how hot of a wife I got.
 Thats her, I am a really lucky guy to have a woman as beautiful and as giving as her. She really takes care of me. Without her I would be a mess and not as successful as I am today. There are actually studies that show that happily married men do better in life than non-married men. They are promoted faster, make more money, all the good shit. Well I know why that is, because the guys without the great wives just can't do it all on their own. I know that I need this awesome woman behind me to do just about anything.

I didn't ride today but I went to the gym. I am going to try to keep going till maybe the middle of March. Mike should have my new workout schedule this week and I don't know if weights will be on it but I might just keep them going for a little longer. What Kurt said about pushing some heavy weight to improve the power on the bike has really paid off. Like I said yesterday I could tell that I was stronger and I attribute that to pushing the big plates. I pushed it hard today and did a lot more core work than I have done since I was a gymnast. I can feel the muscles finally coming back and I am able to go longer and use heavier weight again since I was at Illinois. I don't know what has brought on this ability to once again use my abs but I am liking it.

I am going to go ride with Chris in the morning on the flats of Columbia IL. I think Matt might come and I hope Mike will be able to get some time to come ride with us. I would like to do another longer ride but we will see how the wind is and what everyone is thinking. I am going to really hate when this weather goes back to shit. Fucking Winter, I hate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment