Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The new season is just around the corner

I have been putting in some long hours on the bike for the last few weeks and in a little over a week I will see if it is starting to pay off. I will be starting my season off at the Frozen Waffle Training Race in Springfield MO. I am going to start off the year racing the Cat 1/2/3 race. I have never raced against Cat 1s or 2s and I have only raced one Cat 3 race so I am really jumping into the "deep end" here. I am not expecting much but I am also going to push myself to the edge and try to mix it up with these guys as much as I can.
My focus the last couple weeks has been on my anaerobic power levels. For some reason I just stink at this level of fitness. I am great in the neuromuscular which is short sprinting and longer systems, VO2 max, and lactate threshold. I guess I do well in the neuromuscular system because of my time in gymnastics. Everything I did in gymnastics was quick and powerful, our routines only lasted about a minute at the most, and even then they were split up into high power and no power. I am not sure why I do well in the longer power systems though, I wonder if my time running cross country in jr. high school helped that. I have always felt that the longer the race the better I was at it.
Well I have to get to bed so I can get up at 6am and workout before I have to go to California for work over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment