Friday, December 9, 2011

On the mend

I came down with pneumonia last week. I have no idea how one gets pneumonia and I have had a lot of people ask me that, but I don't know. I don't think I got it that bad though. The people that have talked to me about it have said they were laid out for weeks. Makes my one week off the bike seem like a cake walk. It started with me just feeling a little achy last Wednesday, by Friday I was hovering around a 102 degree temp and hating my life.

Monday I ended in the hospital getting my chest x-ray'd and breathing through this machine for about 30 min. Wow what a difference that, and a Z pack makes. By the next day I was back at work and went to the gym for the first time in six days.

The toughest park about being sick is getting back into form. I had been working out a lot and already could feel the loss in fitness and strength. I hoped that it was going to be good to have some time off but I guess it was too much time.It is funny how hard it is to remember that I will get back to where I was it just takes time. I work with my kids all the time after injury or illness. Half the battle with them is trying to keep them motivated. You can see how close you are to where you were but you also know how hard it was to get there.

Something that always seems to happen to me when I get sick is I get a real bug to do artistic things. It doesn't really matter what it is, I just want to do something. I have been thinking about designing a layout for a possible new gym that my organization has been mulling over. I have also been really enjoying writing in this blog and maybe I should do some more writing. I used to paint a lot but it takes a lot of work to get all that stuff set up. The hardest part is just starting or having an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment