Friday, January 28, 2011

On the road again

Finally got out onto the real road today for the first time in 2011. It was a really nice day out and I was very excited to go. I decided to go down to Columbia IL to be able to get some real easy flat roads. There are no real flat roads here to ride so I would end up doing too much work. I did a very hard day yesterday, doing a lot of weight lifting in the gym and then some hard intervals on the trainer. My legs were really hurting today but I know that I just need to get a lot of work into them over the next few weeks and then ease back. I know that some would say that I have to be careful of over training, but I know a little about my body and it's tolerance for exerciser and I know that I can push it right now.
Tomorrow I don't think I will be able to ride so doing a long (60 miles) today is for the best I think. I think I will also get in another 60+ miles on Sunday when I ride with the Wild Card gang and French.
My legs were so sensitive today after my ride that I needed another massage bad! I had gotten one on Monday or Tuesday but the guy didn't really do what I had asked him. I had a nice girl tonight and she did a much better job of hitting my glutes and hamstrings like I asked her. She even did some stretching on me which was good. Hope I feel better tomorrow. Going to Monticello after work, Katie is up there visiting her family and celebrating her birthday.

Out

No comments:

Post a Comment