Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spinning classes are HARD

So I went to a spinning class for the first time tonight. I have not been able to ride for a few days because my shifter was broken on Saturday so I was excited to get some bike work in. The gym was in a industrial area in a small building. The room with all the spinning bikes a small and jam packed with spinning bikes. We got there while another class was going on. It was really cool to see all these people churning away on these bikes at the same tempo.

To get warmed up for the class we did a yoga core type workout first that was about 30 - 45 min long. Most of it was okay but there were moments where it got really hard and the woman leading the class talked normally throughout the whole thing like it was nothing to her. Then we got into the spinning room. The bikes are nice because you can set them to fit you unlike bikes that are at normal health gym that have HUGE seats and sit straight up. There was a lot of changing of pace and difficulty during the class. This was not what I thought spinning class was. I thought it was a lot of high paced spinning.I guess that's what happens when you assume something. I could not believe how sweaty I got doing this class. I only brought one bottle of water, and no towel, so I was slipping and sliding all over the handle bars. The woman leading the class was the same from the yoga class before and she was KILLING it! I have seen her racing before but never realized how bad ass she was. Again she was talking like it was no big thing while the rest of us were dying! It was all I could do to reach down and finish that class. I wanted to quit so bad, all I could think about was "this is base season lady, why are we working so hard?!" I think I will be hurting tomorrow.

I think I am going to start working more on my art work again. I really like doing the photoshop stuff I have been doing, and it could be a way for me to make a little extra money for the season.

Mike Rickey's "The Look"

No comments:

Post a Comment